Bradl and Baz make their debuts on board Forward Yamaha

For both it was the first time ever on board the Forward Yamaha. For incoming former Superbike rider Baz, it was his the debut on board a MotoGP™ machine.
Baz was the first to enter the track, followed immediately after by Bradl. The former Moto2™ World Champion completed 50 laps in total, setting a best lap time of 1’32.209, finishing in 12th position. Bradl’s first impression of the Forward Yamaha was very positive and tomorrow he will continue his work on the bike, especially on the electronics.
It was a good start also for Baz who completed 55 laps setting a quickest lap time of 1’33.834 and finishing in 20th position. The Frenchman focused on getting confidence with the new bike and the tyres.
Bradl commented, “It was a very productive day, I’m happy. The first impression is positive, I expected something like this, even if the bike is different compared to my previous machine. There is a lot of work to do on the electronics to adapt my style and improve the braking stability, but I’m satisfied. I like how the bike turns and I’m sure I can adapt my riding style to the new machine.”
Baz added, “My adventure in MotoGP has started. I’m very satisfied with the work done today although there are a lot of things to do. I need to know better how the Bridgestone tyres and the carbon brakes work. The first impression was positive. Arriving from the Superbike, I found the machine more rigid. Regarding the lap times, I’m happy because I was able to improve constantly and I’m not too far from the other riders. Tomorrow we will continue to work on the electronics to gain more confidence with the bike. I look forward to going back on track.”
Source : MOTOGP.COM

0 comments: